We are fighting for YOU!
NYS Supreme Court Judge Ronald Ploetz has ruled in our favor! The Governor’s forced quarantine regulation has been STRUCK DOWN as unconstitutional. It is null, void and unenforceable, and the Court has prohibited the Governor and DOH from continuing to issue the regulation!
Read the Judge’s decision here: Court decision
Hochul Plans To APPEAL. Help Us Defeat the Appeal!
- Watch this powerful trailer video and then share it everywhere! New Yorkers need to know what Kathy Hochul and AG Letitia James are doing: American Thought Leaders trailer
Tell Hochul and Attorney General Letitia James to back down and STOP their appeal. Call, email, Tweet them and tell them you do not support tyranny and you are against quarantine camps! They are both running for election in November. Remind them you are a voter, and you are watching to see if they drop the appeal… Governor Kathy Hochul (518) 474-8390, (212) 681-4580, Twitter: @GovKathyHochul, @KathyHochul Attorney General Letitia James (800) 771-7755 Twitter: @TishJames, @NewYorkStateAG
- Ask your NYS representatives to support our lawsuit… Email and call your representatives and tell them that Uniting NYS, along with a group of NYS Legislators, have WON a lawsuit against the Governor and DOH over the illegal forced “Isolation and Quarantine” regulation. Tell them Hochul is appealing our victory! Let them know you’d like them to support the case in one or all of the following ways… by making a public statement on their website supporting our our win and telling the Governor NOT to appeal the decision; by writing a letter to the Governor and Commissioner of Health telling them to “stand down” and not to appeal this decision; and any other way they think is good. They can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or they can reach out to Attorney Bobbie Anne Cox directly.
- Educate others on this regulation, and tell them about our lawsuit. Spread the word… There is power in numbers, and we need all New Yorkers to hear about this terrible regulation, and to stand with us in this lawsuit. Post our website on your social media, share it in text messages, emails, everywhere… www.UnitingNYS.com And share our 2 minute video with everyone… VIDEO
- Join Uniting NYS… It’s free. Just sign up for our emails! This is the best way to stay informed, and it automatically makes you a member of Uniting NYS. Just click on the “Sign up for our newsletter” button here: https://unitingnys.com/
- Support our lawsuit… Bobbie Anne Cox, Esq. has been handling the case PRO BONO, which means she has been working for free, and she has been funding the case herself. She’s fighting so hard for all of us… we need to help support her. Please consider making a donation today. Donate here Or you can support her by subscribing to her Substack blog at: https://attorneycox.substack.com (There are free and paid subscriptions available).
- Allows the DOH to pick and choose who they want to force to isolate or quarantine, without proof that the person poses a health threat, for however long the DOH wishes to force the quarantine, and at a location that the DOH deems appropriate (which can include a quarantine “facility” or detention center).
- They do not need to prove that you are actually sick. They can just suspect that you MIGHT be harboring a communicable disease.
- There is no age restriction, so they can force you, or your child, or your elderly parent/grandparent into isolation or quarantine, for however long they want!
- It is the antithesis of what our country stands for, so we intend to stop them!
Announcing the launch of our lawsuit against Hochul and her DOH: April 2022 press release
Announcing our historic victory over Hochul and her DOH: Lawsuit victory press release
Announcing Hochul’s shameful appeal of our monumental defeat of her unconstitutional quarantine camp reg: Appeal press release
Flyers to share:
Download and Share on Social Media
Share our short, 2-minute video about the “Isolation and Quarantine” regulation and our lawsuit: Watch Commercial on Rumble
- April 1, 2022 Lawsuit filed
- April 5, 2022 Press conference in Albany, NY
- April 6, 2022 A WIN! The Court grants our Order To Show Cause!
- April 12, 2022 Instead of answering our lawsuit, the Attorney General removed our case to Federal Court (total stall tactic)
- April 13, 2022 Federal Court conference regarding our Order To Show Cause to remand the case back to State Court.
- April 14, 2022 We filed a Motion to remand back to State Court
- April 19, 2022 Oral arguments before the Federal Judge
- April 19, 2022 Our motion is granted! We’re back in State Court
- April 21, 2022 Amicus Brief is filed in support of our case by Assemblymen Andy Goodell, Joe Giglio and Minority Leader Will Barclay
- April 22, 2022 Conference with State Court Judge
- April 22, 2022 Governor/DOH oppose the filing of the Amicus Brief!
- April 29, 2022 Amicus Curiae file motion for permission to file Amicus Brief
- May 6, 2022 Governor/DOH filed their Answer to our lawsuit, and they filed their opposition to Amicus Brief. Their Answer is LONG and FULL of inaccuracies and misstatements!
- May 7, 2022 Amici Curiae filed Reply papers to support their motion for Amicus Brief to be permitted.
- May 9, 2022 We filed brief in support of Amicus Brief
- May 12, 2022 A WIN! Judge rules in our favor and allows the Amicus Brief!
- May 13, 2022 We filed rebuttal papers to Governor/DOH Answering papers
- May 27, 2022 Oral arguments
- July 8, 2022 WE WON! The Judge ruled in our favor. The “quarantine camp” regulation has been struck down!
- July 13, 2022 Hochul & Letitia James file a Notice of Appeal. Shame on them! They are #lawless
- January 6, 2023 Hochul requests an extension of time to appeal our victory.
- January 8, 2023 We submit our objection to Hochul’s request for more time.
- January 9, 2023 The Appellate Division grants Hochul 60 day extension to appeal.